Wednesday 14 May 2014

An evening of Hares, Pheasants and Partridges

I had a day off on Tuesday to sort some stuff out, which gave me a chance to spend the evening over on the Isle of Sheppy with the camera, rather than sitting in traffic had I been at work. I parked up at the side of the road at a quiet spot on some farmland after seeing a male and female pheasant quite close by. It turned out it was a good spot. Using the car as a hide the pheasant, partridges and hares performed admirably. Although the hares were too just too close for me to fit in the frame most of the time.

I managed to take an image of the pheasants which is one of my favourite images I have taken. I was busy photographing the female when the cock launched itself into the air and on top of the female pinning her to ground. I managed to grab 4 frames and this was the second to last image, which I like as the cock bird  look very domineering with a mouthful of feathers.

Pheasant




The less colourful but still beautifully marked female


This partridge was wary at first and stayed well away from the me inside the car. However as time went by he became more bolder and again came so close that I had trouble fitting him in the frame at times.

Red-legged Partridge
 






A couple of headshots of yet again a very confiding subject, why are they not like this all the time!
Brown Hare



1 comment: