Wednesday 7 May 2014

Oare Marshes

I spent the evening over at Oare Marshes yesterday for an opportunistic session with the camera, with nothing more on the agenda than enjoying being out of the office on a lovely evening. Luckily there were a few birds to point the camera at along with a few migrants including Yellow Wagtails in all their yellow glory, swallows moving through, a nightingale singing from the paddocks and best of all 5 Little Terns. It's been a long while since I have seen them in Kent so was pleased to see them.

A back-lit Grey Heron to start with which I just about managed to into the frame.


There were plenty of Black-tailed Godwit, a bird I have not actually photographed before, however you can't really get very close to them so teleconverter and cropping is necessary as is getting a low a viewpoint as possible, but I got some reasonable images. 








 A fly-by of some Shelduck...

I liked the light on this Little Egret, but not a fan of shooting steep angles of flying birds, could do with a bit of canvas on the bottom, and if it was a better image I might give it the time.


Hmmmm... thats not a bird how'd that get in here....


No comments:

Post a Comment