Wednesday 4 February 2015

Kumlien's Gull, Littlehampton 02 feb 2015

No blog for a while, basically cos I'm lazy and not picked the camera up much. Did shoot some Cattle Egret at Dunge (see my flickr for those) and supposed I should have blogged that but hey?

Anyways after hearing that the Littlehampton Kumlien's was back, and that I failed misearbly last year, I decided to head back for another go. Got there early before dawn and saw it briefly at the river mouth where it flew up upsteam. I relocated it with another couple of togs although light was shit and it didn't perform much. Afternoon was alot better on the West of the river and it performed well. As luck would have it Mick and Richard turned up (if you like gulls then you surely must know these guys and seen their absolutely awsome photos. If not look http://birdingthedayaway.blogspot.co.uk and http://mybirdwatchingdaysout.blogspot.co.uk) After a catch-up and hearing about the many overseas trips they have had and planning  we moved to a much better position and fired away/
So anyway I got a few nice shots I'm pleased with, which is 100% better than last year.

Kumlien's Gull


 Dont like the post in the background in the next one, otherwise would be please with it...


Thats more like it...
 



Banking shots are great...
 


Manged a few other species in between shooting the Kumlien's...

Starling

 Black-headed Gull



Carrion Crow



Pied Wagtail



1st Winter Herring Gull








No comments:

Post a Comment