Tuesday 1 October 2013

Dungeness 29.9.2013

A relatively early start down Dungeness as I was hoping to find something interesting in the trapping area....nothing. A few Chiffchaffs, 2 Grey wagtails over and some Swallows still counts as nothing and they didn't want to pose at for the camera. I walked down to the long lakes and managed a shot of this this lovely side lit Mute Swan.



Off to the reserve to see if the Tree Sparrows would be obliging...nope. Bumped into Mick Southcott and Richard Smith and got chatting, arranged to met up in a couple of hours for some gull action. A walk around the reserve gave nothing to point the camera until I got back to the car park where this beautiful fox was posing allowing me to get amazingly close. I tried to keep the backgrounds free from picnic benches and cars which was difficult so had to keep it tight. Couldn't have asked for a better subject.







After dragging myself away from the fox I met up with Mick and Richard near the fishing boats. Mick quickly found a 2nd winter Caspian in a gull flock but they scattered before I could get a look. 5 mins later and Mick had it again, a very smart looking bird and a first for me, although I didn't manage to get a shot. The easterly wind was causing problems with photography so we decided to bail. I only managed a couple of Herrings Gulls in flight.




No comments:

Post a Comment