Thursday 6 February 2014

Dungeness 02/02/14

After a failed photographic visit last weekend as the weather was, unsurprisingly shit, I returned for some more gull action. There were certainly less birds than the previous week where there was a huge movement of auks (mainly guillemots), some Red-throated Divers, loads of Kittiwake (target bird) and up to 10 Little Gulls; I also managed a lifer in the form of the Hume's.Dumped the whole lot of images in the recycle bin, high ISO and slow shutter speeds make crap images... (on my camera anyway!)

This week, a few Kittiwake, lots of Herring, Black-headed and the odd Great Black-backed Gull. Cormorants were moving everywhere and a single Eider sat not far off shore. Nought else really but had had a nice time shooting the Herrings. The only shit part of the day was when I couldn't get the lens hood off and I have now joined the ranks of others with a failing lens hood securing mechanism. With a Canon rip off part price of £70 odd quid! I'll try a DIY job first to see if that does the trick and so have ordered a couple of e-clips as per some advice I read. 

Herring Gull 2nd Winter

I thought I had nailed the Glaucous Gull (I saw just as I was leaving) when I opened this - just look at the size of that bill.

Herring Gull - 1st winter


Herring Gull - 1st winter


Herring Gull - adult


Kittiwake - Adult


No comments:

Post a Comment